Mortise Lock Installation in Long Island – Frog Lock can help you choose the correct mortise lock for your property then correctly install it at reasonable flat rates.
A mortise lock is the most common lock used on residential front doors. This type of lock has two parts, the lock body which is installed in the edge of the door, and the metal box keep installed in the door jamb.
We want you to be as safe as possible and recommend you consider having a Frog Lock professional locksmith install a mortise lock on your home. For your consideration, we would like to provide some expert advice regarding the advantages of a mortise lock.
- A mortise lock can be locked from both sides, usually with a key on the outside and a turn handle on the inside. The lock provides security both when you are away and at home.
- They come in a wide range of sizes and styles to fit your door and the décor of your home.
- They are visually pleasing in that they are flush on the side of the door and the door jam and have minimal parts on each side of the door.
- Mortise locks have a “passage function.” Meaning the door does not have to be locked to be latched closed.
- Mortise locks have bolts that slide deeply into the door jamb making the door almost impossible to pry open.
- This is the big one… mortise locks are some of the most difficult to pick. Statistically, most burglars pick locks and move on if they cannot pick a lock within 30 seconds.
If you are still not sure if your home locks need to be updated to a mortise lock, call Frog Lock, and my team there will be happy to speak with you.
Frog Lock Service Availability
The professional New York locksmiths at Frog Lock service homes and businesses throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Nassau County of Long Island.